Pledge to do your part in closing the racial wealth gap
This pledge serves as a call to action to affirm one’s commitment to positively and diligently work towards dismantling the racial wealth gap.
- I recognize that dismantling racial inequities requires intentional efforts to change my thinking and actions.
- I will deliberately seek and suggest working with small Black & Latinx businesses when in need of vendors for my company/organization.
- I will lead in sponsoring Black and Latinx businesses.
- I will intentionally buy from Black and Latinx small business owners.
- I believe in the power of speaking up for Black and Latinx community members, especially when they are not in the room.
- I will intentionally make room at the table for diverse representation and true inclusivity of diverse voices.
- I will lead in curating brave spaces to unpack and address personal biases that further perpetuate oppressive behavior to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- I will ask questions rather than lead with assumptions when entering unchartered territory.
- I will use my voice intentionally to make room in all spaces for Black and Latinx representation, especially in leadership roles.