Eastern Bankshares, Inc. and Century Bancorp, Inc. have announced a definitive agreement to merge. Both banks share deep local roots and are committed to the communities we serve. The anticipated merger will provide Century Bank customers greater access to a broader network of banking services to help meet your financial goals. Many of the familiar faces you have come to know will continue to assist you.
We are excited for the opportunities this agreement creates. Refer here for updates.
What to expect
- The acquisition is expected to close in mid-November 2021, subject to regulatory approval.
- Both organizations will continue to operate separately until the merger is complete and until then, you should continue to bank as you do today.
- Over the coming months and as the regulatory approval is completed, we will be communicating proactively with customers including with information on how to prepare for the transition. Century customers will be converted to the Eastern platform with Century Bank branches assuming the Eastern Bank name.
- As of July 30, 2021, Century Bank customers can use Eastern Bank ATMs for free.
- Eastern Bank-Century Bank Merger Notice (June 10, 2021)
- Eastern Bankshares, Inc. and Century Bancorp, Inc. Enter Into Definitive Agreement To Merge (April 7, 2021)