Whether you’re looking to upgrade an existing heating system, seal drafty areas of your home or make other energy upgrades to your home, a Mass Save® HEAT Loan may help you boost your home’s efficiency and value without breaking your monthly budget.
- Pay zero interest for the life of the loan
- Terms of up to seven years
- Easy application process
- Available rebates1
- No collateral necessary
- Consult your tax advisor and the Mass Save website for information about rebates and tax savings.
Parameters & Fees
12 to 84 months
- Additional guideline restrictions for loan amounts of $25,000 and over:
(a) Minimum credit score of 720 for all borrowers.
(b) Minimum liquid assets equaling at least 6 times your total monthly payment on debts, including mortgages, taxes, insurance, car loans, revolving debts, child support, etc.
1. What is Mass Save?
Mass Save® is an initiative sponsored by Massachusetts’ natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers. They work to help residents and businesses manage energy and user related costs.
2. What is the HEAT Loan?
The HEAT Loan is offered through the Mass Save program. It allows consumers to finance qualified home projects that improve the energy efficiency in their homes at zero interest for the life of the loan. Customers must first have a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment to qualify for the loan. Loans are subject to lender approval.
3. What home improvements qualify for the HEAT loan?
Some eligible services are:
- Heating system replacement
- Domestic hot water & solar hot water heaters
- Central air conditioning and heat pumps
- Insulation and replacement windows
For more information, visit the MassSave website.
4. How do I find out if my energy efficiency improvement qualifies?
Call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a home energy assessment. A Mass Save representative will let you know which improvements are eligible. Or visit the MassSave website.
- Call us at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376)
- Speak with a representative at your nearest branch
Eastern Bank is a member of the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS); NMLS ID# 451827.