Eastern Bank's mobile banking service uses multiple security technologies to protect your account information.
- Mobile banking sessions use multi-factor authentication and encryption to protect against unauthorized access.
- Your user ID and account numbers are not displayed in full.
- When you close the app, your mobile banking session ends.
- Personal information and check images are not stored on your device.
- With text banking, no detailed personal information is sent.
Below are some simple steps you can take to ensure your personal information remains safe and to minimize your chances of becoming a victim of fraud and identity theft.
- Secure your phone by using its password or PIN feature.
- Do not respond to text messages asking you to update or validate your account information.
- Download apps only from reputable sources such as the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Sign out of your mobile banking session as soon as you have completed your banking transaction.
- If you are in a public location, make sure no one is watching you as you sign in to mobile banking.
- Keep your phone's operating system up-to-date to ensure the highest level of protection.
iTunes is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc.