New Board members elected and executive management promotions announcedFebruary 16, 2017
Eastern elects new Board members and announces executive management promotions
President & COO Robert F. Rivers elected to Board of Directors
BOSTON, March 17, 2015 – Eastern Bank, the largest community bank headquartered in Massachusetts and the nation’s oldest and largest mutual bank, announced today several additions to its management and governing body, including the election of Eastern Bank President and Chief Operating Officer Robert F. Rivers to its now 13-member Board of Directors.
In addition, the Board of Directors approved the promotion of two executive vice presidents to Vice Chairman:
• James B. Fitzgerald, Vice Chairman, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer;
• Jan A. Miller, Vice Chairman, Chief Commercial Banking Officer.
“The appointment of Bob Rivers to Eastern’s Board of Directors recognizes his many significant contributions to our organization, particularly in the areas of community leadership and the acceleration of our innovation efforts, which have further elevated our brand and better positioned us for future growth,” said Eastern Bank Chairman and CEO Richard E. Holbrook. “I’m equally proud to recognize Jim Fitzgerald and Jan Miller with titles that more accurately reflect their importance to the bank.”
Eastern Bank Corporation, the holding company of Eastern Bank, is governed by a group of individuals, known as the Board of Corporators, who act in the best interests of the corporation. Their duties and responsibilities are specified by state law and the Bylaws of the corporation. Members of the Board of Trustees and members of the Board of Directors of Eastern Bank are also Corporators of the holding company. The new Corporators and Trustees were elected at the Annual Meeting of Eastern Bank Corporation held on March 10, 2015.
“It’s a pleasure to welcome our new Trustees and Corporators, a diverse group of professionals hailing from a variety of backgrounds,” said Holbrook.
The following individuals were named Trustees of Eastern Bank Corporation:
• James B. Fitzgerald, Vice Chairman, Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Eastern Bank;
• Jane E. Hager, President of Prescott Investment Corp. and Pinnacle Mountain Partners, and Managing Member of Gulf Coast Investment Partners, LLC, and Angelfish Investment, LLC;
• Gordon H. Lewis, owner and proprietor of Moonglow Farm, LLC;
• Joseph B. Reilly, New Hampshire Regional President of Eastern Bank;
• Michael E. Rubin, Partner, Posternak Blankstein & Lund;
• Michael J. Simchik, Principal, 100 Market Street, LLC and Capital Commons, LLC;
• Inez Stewart, Vice President, Human Resources, Boston Children’s Hospital;
• Michael C. Whitney, Managing Director, The Daymark Group, LLC;
• Sherilyn Burnett Young, Founder and President, Rath, Young and Pignatelli, P.C.
The following individuals were named Corporators of Eastern Bank Corporation:
• Evelyn Barahona, Director of Business Development, Quality Interactions;
• Joseph J. Bartolotta, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Eastern Bank;
• Yasmin Cruz, Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility, John Hancock;
• Barbara J. Heinemann, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management, Eastern Bank;
• Terence A. McGinnis, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Eastern Bank;
• Dr. Myechia Minter-Jordan, President and CEO, The Dimock Center;
• Daniel R. O’Malley IV, Executive Vice President and Chief Digital Officer, Eastern Bank and Founder of Eastern Labs;
• Joseph F. Riley, Executive Vice President, Consumer Banking Director, Eastern Bank;
• Nancy Huntington Stager, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Eastern Bank;
• Daniel J. Sullivan, Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Officer, Eastern Bank;
• Alberto Vasallo III, President and CEO of El Mundo newspaper;
• Donald M. Westermann, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Eastern Bank.
About Eastern Bank
Founded in 1818 and based in Boston, Eastern Bank is the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country, with $9.5 billion in assets and more than 100 branches serving communities in eastern Massachusetts and southern and coastal New Hampshire. Eastern Bank offers banking, investments and insurance all under one roof, and prides itself on working harder to understand its customers’ needs so it can deliver these services in a committed and personal way. Eastern Bank, which includes Eastern Bank Wealth Management and Eastern Insurance, is a recognized leader in corporate social responsibility and for its advocacy on behalf of a number of social justice causes.
For more information, contact: Andrew Ravens, Public Relations, Eastern Bank, 781-598-8528, or e-mail Andrew Ravens.
You can also learn more about Eastern Bank by visiting www.easternbank.com, www.facebook.com/easternbank or www.twitter.com/easternbank.Back to newsroom