Eastern Bank uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, an industry standard for online security. Encryption is a method of scrambling data using a mathematical formula so that it is unintelligible to anyone that may intercept it as it travels over the Internet. The encrypted data can only be unscrambled by the encryption software on Eastern Bank's computer and the web browser on your computer.
1. Is my online application secure?
2. Can I change the information on my account application?
3. What information do I need to open an account with Eastern Bank?
4. What information do I need to open a joint account?
5. Why is personal information required to open an account online?
6. Is a minimum deposit required to open an account online?
7. When is the opening deposit processed?
8. When will I have access to my new account?