1. When will payments scheduled in HomeConnect be deducted from my checking account?
Funds for bill payments will be deducted from your account on the same day the payment is sent to the payee; the payment's "Send-On-Date".
2. What are Expedited Payments?
Expedited Payments is a feature that allows you to make a last minute payment to anyone, anywhere in the Continental United States. There are two payment options. First, we offer overnight checks. These checks can be delivered to almost any payee the next business day. The second payment option is an expedited electronic payment. This option is available for any payee that we currently send electronic payments to and will save you the cost of postage. When you setup your payment, the system will display the payment options that are available to you for the payee.
3. How do I enable my new checking account for bill pay capabilities when I closed a checking account and opened a new one?
To enable an additional bill payment account, just click the Customize Your Accounts link under the Customer Service tab. On this screen, check off the box to enable a second bill payment account. Then, the additional checking account will be available as a bill payment funding account.
4. How do I remove a closed checking account from my available bill payment funding accounts?
To remove bill payment capabilities from a closed checking account, you must change your payees to your new checking account by following these steps for every payee:
1. Click the Make Payments tab
2. Click on My Payees
3. Locate and click on your payee and click Change Options under Payment Options
4. Change the funding account to your new account
5. Click save changes
Once all payees have been updated, return to the Customize Your Accounts page and unclick your closed checking account to remove bill payment capabilities.
5. Where can I research a payment made in HomeConnect that has not been received by my payee?
You can contact our HomeConnect Bill Payment Department at 1-888-219-8359 to inquire about a payment that you initiated in HomeConnect. Bill payment customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They will be able to open a research ticket for a payment that has not yet been received by your payee.
6. How do I return funds to my checking account when a payee returns the paper check to me?
You can place a stop payment on the outstanding check by contacting our HomeConnect Bill Payment Department at 1-888-219-8359. Bill payment customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no fee to place a stop payment on a HomeConnect bill payment.
7. Am I able to update an address or account number for a payee in HomeConnect?
To update a payee address in HomeConnect, please follow these steps:
1. Click on Make Payments at the top of the page
2. Click on My Payees on the left side of the page
3. Locate and click on the payee you wish to modify
4. Update your payee information
5. Click Change Information
6. Click Save Changes
Please note that if you are unable to change the address for a payee, this indicates that your payee accepts electronic payments from us, and therefore the mailing address cannot be changed. Any address updates you may have received from the merchant is for check mailing purposes only and does not affect electronic payments sent from HomeConnect.
8. How do I set up a recurring bill payment?
To set up a recurring payment to a payee, click on your Make Payments tab, and then click on the My Payees link on the left side of the page. Locate your payee in the list, and then click the Set up automatic link from the Payment Option column to create your recurring payment parameters.
9. How do I delete or deactivate a payee?
To delete a payee, click on your Make Payments tab, and then click on the My Payees link on the left side of the page. Locate and click your payee, and then click Delete under Payee Information.
10. Where can I view my scheduled payments?
To view your scheduled payments, click on the Make Payment tab and then click the Scheduled Payments link on the left side of the page.
If your payment is in process and has already been sent to your payee, then you can click the View Bill Payment Reports link on the left side of the page to see payments that have already been sent.
11. Can I cancel or edit a payment?
Yes. You can cancel or edit a payment by following these steps:
1. Click the Make Payments tab
2. Click the Scheduled Payments link
3. Click the Edit or Cancel link
Please note that you can only cancel or edit a payment up to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the payment’s “Send On” date.
12. Can I make loan payments to my Eastern Bank loan using HomeConnect?
Yes. However, HomeConnect bill payment service is only functional with an Eastern Bank checking account. To make loan payments through our website using another bank’s checking account, you must use our Online Loan Pay service. There is a fee of $1.50 for making a loan payment. Just go to www.easternbank.com and locate the Login to Other Services box on the home page. Click the Online Loan Pay link to be directed to our Online Loan Pay service.
For additional assistance, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376) and a representative can assist you. Our hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.