1. When will payments scheduled in HomeConnect be deducted from my checking account?
Funds for bill payments will be deducted from your account on the same day the payment is sent to the payee; the payment's "Send-On-Date".
2. What are Expedited Payments?
Expedited Bill Payment allows you to make a next day bill payment to certain payees either electronically (Expedited Electronic Bill Payment) or through overnight check (Expedited Bill Payment by Overnight Check). The type of expedited payment available for each payee will be displayed on the Expedited Payment screen for the selected payee. Expedited Bill Payments can be requested in amounts up to $5,000. There is a $5.00 fee for each Expedited Electronic Bill Payment and a $25.00 fee for an Expedited Bill Payment by Overnight Check.
3. How do I enable my new checking account for bill pay capabilities when I closed a checking account and opened a new one?
To enable an additional bill payment account, just click the Customize Your Accounts link under the Customer Service tab in HomeConnect. On this screen, check off the box to enable a second bill payment account. Then, the additional checking account will be available as a bill payment funding account.
4. Where can I research a payment made in HomeConnect that has not been received by my payee?
You can contact our HomeConnect Bill Payment Department at 1-888-219-8359 to inquire about a payment that you initiated in HomeConnect. Bill payment customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They will be able to open a research ticket for a payment that has not yet been received by your payee.
5. How do I return funds to my checking account when a payee returns the paper check to me?
You can place a stop payment on the outstanding check by contacting our HomeConnect Bill Payment Department at 1-888-219-8359. Bill payment customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no fee to place a stop payment on a HomeConnect bill payment.
6. Am I able to update an address or account number for a payee in HomeConnect?
To update a payee address or account number in HomeConnect, please follow these steps:
1. Click Pay Bills in the Pay and Transfer menu at the top of the page
2. Open the drop-down menu to the right of the payee name and select 'View/Change payee details'
3. On the Payee Details screen, click 'Change Information'
4. On the Edit Payee screen, you'll be able to update your payee information
5. Click Save Changes
Please note that if you are unable to change the address for a payee, this indicates that your payee accepts electronic payments from us, and therefore the mailing address cannot be changed. Any address updates you may have received from the merchant is for check mailing purposes only and does not affect electronic payments sent from HomeConnect.
7. How do I set up a recurring bill payment?
To set up a recurring payment to a payee, go to the Pay Bills screen and click the 'autopay' link below the payee's name.
8. How do I delete or deactivate a payee?
On the Pay Bills screen, open the drop-down menu to the right of the payee name and select 'View/Change payee details'. On the Payee Details screen, there are links that will allow you to either delete or deactivate the payee.
9. Where can I view my scheduled payments?
Scheduled bill payments are listed on the Pay Bills screen with links that allow you to either edit or cancel the payment.
10. Can I cancel or edit a payment?
Yes. Scheduled bill payments are listed on the Pay Bills screen with links that allow you to either edit or cancel the payment. Please note that you can only cancel or edit a payment up to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the payment’s “Send On” date.
11. Can I make payments to my Eastern Bank loan using HomeConnect?
Yes. If you have an Eastern Bank checking account, you can use HomeConnect to make payments to your loan account. To make loan payments using a checking account at another bank, you must use our Online Loan Pay service. There is a fee of $1.50 for making a loan payment. Just go to www.easternbank.com and locate 'Login to Other Services' on the home page. Click the Online Loan Pay link to be directed to our Online Loan Pay service.
For additional assistance, please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376). Our hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.