At Eastern Bank, we know how busy you are, so we strive to make banking with us easy and convenient. It all starts when you open an Eastern Bank checking account. If you haven’t done so already, you can apply online using our online checking account application.
Account switching made easy
With our Checking Switch Kit, you can move your account to Eastern in four easy steps:
1. Sign up for direct deposit
2. Move transactions to your new account
3. Set up online banking
4. Close your old account
You can also call us at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376) for fast, personal assistance, or visit one of our convenient Eastern Bank branches and a knowledgeable associate will help you choose the right checking account.
Step 1: Sign up for direct deposit.
Why go to the bank to cash your paycheck? With direct deposit, you can arrange to have your paychecks, Social Security payments, government checks and pension checks directly deposited into your Eastern Bank account. You will save time and may be able to access your funds faster.
To enroll, follow these simple steps:
For direct deposit of paychecks: Simply fill out the Direct Deposit Form and submit it to your employer or the relevant organization, along with a voided check from your new Eastern Bank account.
For direct deposit of Social Security checks: Sign up for by going to the Go Direct site sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Be prepared to provide your Eastern Bank account number and routing number (011301798). You can also sign up by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
Step 2. Move transactions to your new account.
If you’ve set up any automatic banking transactions from your existing checking account or debit card (such as utility, phone, mortgage or any other recurring payment) simply contact the organizations involved and notify them of your new account. To make this easy, we've created an Authorization to Change Automatic Payment Form.
Handy information: Be sure to have the Eastern Bank routing number (011301798) and your new account number. If you have any questions, we’re here to help you.
Step 3: Sign up for Eastern HomeConnect®.
• Your Eastern account comes with extra benefits, including the convenience of banking when and where you want – for free – with Eastern HomeConnect®.
• HomeConnect lets you bring your accounts right to you from any computer with Internet access. You can securely view account balances and activity, pay bills, make transfers between Eastern Bank accounts, set alerts, and more. You can enroll in HomeConnect in one of three easy ways:
• Enroll online.
• Call 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376).
• Visit any branch for more information.
Step 4: Close your old account.
• After you receive your last statement showing that all your checks and automatic withdrawals have cleared (this may take several weeks), write yourself a check for the remaining balance.
• Then ask your bank to close your account.
• Remember to destroy all remaining checks and ATM or debit cards.
• We can save you a trip to your former bank by notarizing and mailing you a completed Authorization to Close Account Form. Just come into any Eastern Bank branch for assistance.
We are here for you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to stop by your local branch or call us at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376).