1. How do I sign up for electronic statements?
You need to be enrolled in Eastern HomeConnect® to receive electronic statements. If you already use HomeConnect, login and access the Statements link in the left navigation bar. Select Online Only as the Statement Delivery option for your eligible accounts then Read and Accept the terms of the Electronic Statement Disclosure and Agreement.
2. Which of my accounts are eligible to receive electronic statements?
Any non-retirement checking, statement savings, money market or certificate of deposit account is eligible to receive an electronic statement.
3. Do all HomeConnect users of a joint account need to enroll in electronic statements in order for each user to view an account statement electronically?
Yes. Each HomeConnect user of a joint account must enroll in electronic statements for each user to be able to view the account statement in Eastern HomeConnect®.
4. Can I opt-out of electronic statements once I have enrolled?
Yes. You may opt-out of electronic statements at any time. To do so, login to Eastern HomeConnect®, access the Customer Service tab and select Change Statement Delivery Option. Next to the account(s) that you wish to receive a paper statement for, select Paper as the Statement Delivery Option, then click Submit. You will begin to receive a paper statement for that account (s) with your next statement date. You will also want to print or save a copy of your electronic statements prior to making this change because you will no longer be able to view previous copies of your electronic statement once you change the delivery option back to paper.
5. How long will my electronic statement(s) be available in Eastern HomeConnect®?
For existing accounts, when you enroll in electronic statements, you will be able to immediately view your statements back to April 2009. For new accounts, you will be able to view your statement after the first statement date. The maximum number of months that your statements will be available for viewing is 13 months.
6. Does an electronic statement include the same information as a paper statement?
Yes. An electronic statement is an exact replica of your paper statements. Any statement insert will be included as an attachment to your electronic statement.
7. How will I know when my statement is available to view?
You will receive an email notification from Eastern Bank informing you that your statement is available to view. You will want to make sure that the email address we have on file in Eastern HomeConnect® is current. To check this, login to HomeConnect, access the Customer Service tab and click on the Change Email Address link. If your email address needs to be changed, enter the new address and click on Submit.
8. Will I continue to receive a paper copy of my statement in the mail?
No. Once you enroll in electronic statements, you will no longer receive a paper statement for that account.
9. What do I do if I need a paper copy of my statement?
If you need a paper copy of your statement, you can print a copy from Eastern HomeConnect® or you may contact us at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376) to request a printed copy. There may be a charge for a statement copy request. Please refer to the Schedule of Charges and Minimum Balances for Personal Accounts.
10. Can I download a copy of my statement?
Yes. You can save a copy of your statement from Eastern HomeConnect ® to your personal computer.