At Eastern Bank, we know how busy you are, so we strive to make banking with us easy and convenient. It all starts when you open an Eastern Bank checking account. If you haven’t done so already, you can apply online using our online checking account application.
Account switching made easy
With our Checking Switch Kit, you can move your account to Eastern in four easy steps:
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Switch automatic payments to your new account
- Enroll in Mobile & Online Banking
- Close your old account
You can also call us at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376) for fast, personal assistance, or visit one of our convenient Eastern Bank branches and a knowledgeable associate will help you choose the right checking account.
Step 1: Sign up for direct deposit.
Why go to the bank to cash your paycheck? When you enroll in direct deposit, your paychecks, Social Security payments, government and pension payments are directly deposited into your Eastern Bank account. You will save time and may be able to access your funds faster. To enroll, follow these simple steps:
For direct deposit of paychecks: Simply download and fill out our Direct Deposit Form and submit it to your employer or the relevant organization.
For direct deposit of Social Security payments: Sign up by going to the Go Direct site sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Be prepared to provide your Eastern Bank account number and routing number (011301798). You can also sign up by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
Step 2. Switch automatic payments to your new account.
If you’ve set up any automatic banking transactions from your existing checking account or debit card (such as utility, phone, mortgage, or any other recurring payment) simply contact the organizations involved and notify them of your new account. To make this easy, we've created an Authorization to Change Automatic Payment Form - download the form.
Handy information: Be sure to have the Eastern Bank routing number (011301798) and your new account number. If you have any questions, we’re here to help you.
Step 3: Sign up for Eastern Mobile & Online Banking®.
- Your Eastern account comes with extra benefits, including the convenience of banking when and where you want – for free – with Eastern Mobile & Online Banking.
- Mobile & Online Banking lets you bring your accounts right to you. You can securely view account balances and activity, pay bills, make transfers between Eastern Bank accounts, set alerts, deposit checks anywhere, any time with Mobile Deposit, send and receive money with Zelle® and more. You can enroll in Online Banking in one of three easy ways:
- Enroll online.
- Call 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376).
- Visit any branch for more information.
Step 4: Close your old account.
- After you receive your last statement showing that all your checks and automatic withdrawals have cleared (this may take several weeks), withdraw all remaining funds you have in the account and ask your bank to close the account.
- Remember to destroy all remaining checks and ATM or debit cards.
- We can save you a trip to your former bank by notarizing and mailing you a completed Authorization to Close Account Form - download the form. Just come into any Eastern Bank branch for assistance.
We are here for you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to stop by your local branch or call us at 1-800-EASTERN(327-8376).
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.