Eastern Bank's mobile banking service uses multiple security technologies to protect your account information.
- Mobile sessions use multifactor authentication and encryption to protect against unauthorized access.
- Mobile sessions are automatically ended after a period of inactivity.
- When you close the app, your mobile banking session ends.
Below are some simple steps you can take to ensure your personal information remains safe and to minimize your chances of becoming a victim of fraud and identity theft.
- Secure your phone by using its password or PIN feature.
- Do not respond to text messages asking you to update or validate your account information.
- Download apps only from reputable sources such as the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Sign out of your mobile banking session as soon as you have completed your banking transactions.
- If you are in a public location, make sure no one is watching you sign in to mobile banking.
- Keep your phone's operating system up-to-date to ensure the highest level of protection.
Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc.