Our history goes back almost 200 years. We are the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We offer banking, investments, and insurance all under one roof, and we pride ourselves on working harder to understand our customers’ needs so we can deliver these services in a committed and personal way.
Founded in 1818 and headquartered in Boston, we have combined prudent management with well-timed acquisitions to evolve from a modest savings bank to a full-service commercial bank to meet your financial needs. With $10 billion in assets and over 120 locations in eastern Massachusetts and southern and coastal New Hampshire, we have the size, stability, technology and knowledge to deliver custom-tailored financial solutions in a convenient way.
As a mutual company, we are driven totally by our customers, not Wall Street. We answer to you – our customers – and that is why we are committed to providing financial services delivered with a human touch. We create a culture of service and accountability, and our dedication to superior service is our principal competitive advantage.
Whether you’re a consumer, business executive, investor, government agency or not-for-profit organization, we have the financial products to help you save, manage your money, build for the future or protect your assets.
• We have an array of checking and savings accounts, online banking, mobile banking, branches that open at 7 a.m. and on Sundays, and many loan and insurance products.
• We are a top lender to small businesses while serving their deposit needs.
• We advise businesses both large and small in all areas of finance, including capital markets activities, equipment leasing, cash management, commercial real estate, international trade and foreign exchange services.
• We provide the depth of product and financial expertise required by our Eastern Wealth Management clients, both individual and institutional.
• Our subsidiaries include Eastern Insurance, the largest independent insurance agency headquartered in New England.