Introducing the new Eastern Mobile and Online Banking experience! This new experience offers a refreshed design, simpler navigation, and plenty of other new features, such as debit card controls and external transfers. Below, you’ll find more information about the new experience including frequently asked questions to help you when signing in to the new mobile and online banking experience for the first time, as well as information about the update for existing customers.
The refreshed design offers simpler navigation and plenty of other new features, such as:
- External Transfers: the ability to transfer funds between your Eastern Bank accounts and accounts you hold at other institutions;
- Debit Card Controls: customers can activate, change their PIN and adjust limits for their debit card right in the platform;
- Enhanced Alerts: customers will now have more alert options such as specifying a 'Do Not Disturb' period as well as receiving alerts via email and/or text message.
Mobile Banking Overview
Online Banking Overview
1. Will the new online banking experience allow me to view scheduled transfers and bill payments in my account activity?
No. The option to view future-dated transfers and bill payments in your account activity will not be available in the new online banking experience.
2. Will the new online banking experience allow me to hide accounts that I don’t want displayed on the accounts page?
Yes. On the Settings page in the new online banking experience, the Manage Accounts tab allows you to tell us not to display an account on the accounts page. Hidden accounts will also not be displayed in the new mobile banking experience.
Note: if you’ve hidden an account receiving online statements, you’ll need to unhide the account if you wish to view a statement.
3. With the new online banking experience, will I be able to assign my account transactions to categories that I’ve created?
Yes. You have the ability to assign account transactions to categories you’ve created and to use this information to create banking reports in the new online banking experience. Transaction categories are not available in the new mobile banking experience.
Note: while your account transactions will be migrated to the new online banking experience, the categories you’ve assigned them to will not be migrated. Therefore, we recommend generating and printing a final set of reports before your account is moved to the new online banking experience.
4. With the new online banking experience, will I be able to assign online bill payments to income and expense categories that I’ve created?
No. The ability to assign online bill payments to income and expense categories you’ve created and to use this information to create bill pay reports does not exist in the new online banking experience. Therefore, if you’ve created bill payment reports in the current HomeConnect product, be sure to generate and print a final report before your migration date.
Helpful Tip: The new online banking platform does allow you to download your banking transactions. Therefore, if the ability to create reports to track income and spending is important to you, you can purchase personal financial management software, such as Quicken. You will then be able to download your banking transactions into the Quicken software on your computer.
5. I have been using HomeConnect to download my banking transactions into Quicken software on my computer; will I be able to continue doing this with the new online banking experience?
Yes. The new online banking platform supports the downloading of banking transactions in several formats
Action Item: However, before downloading transactions for the first time using the new online banking platform, you need to make a few changes to your Eastern Bank account(s) in your Quicken software. Please review Intuit’s step-by-step instructions for Windows and Mac® on how to deactivate and reactivate your Eastern Bank accounts to accept a transaction download file from the new online banking platform.
6. I’ve created custom views for my bill payment payees; will I be able to continue doing this with the new online banking experience?
No. Your ability to create a custom view for your payees will not be available in the new online banking experience. In addition, while the new online banking platform lets you designate payees as either active or inactive, it doesn’t have a ‘View All Payees’ option that provides the ability to view both active and inactive payees in a single, consolidated list.
1. Where do I go to sign in to the new mobile and online banking product?
Sign in to the new online banking experience as you normally would; by using the login feature found on the home page of the bank's website.
2. What username and password do I use to sign in to the new online and mobile banking product?
Your sign-in credentials have not changed; use the same User ID and Password you used with Eastern HomeConnect®.
3. Will I need to do anything differently the first time I sign-in to the new online and mobile banking product?
Yes. To confirm your identity and protect your personal information, we’ll send you a one-time security code that you will need to use to sign-in for the first time. Also, because the new online and mobile banking platform relies on electronic communications, such as email, you’ll be asked to consent to receive communications from the bank electronically.
4. Who do I call if my contact information is not accurate and I’m unable to receive the one-time security code?
If you need help signing in, please call 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376).
5. If I want to use mobile banking, do I need to download a new app?
Yes. Since the new mobile banking experience resides on a new platform, you’ll need to download a new app. A link to the new mobile app will be provided when your account is moved to the new online and mobile banking platform. Once you’ve downloaded the new mobile banking app, you should delete the old HomeConnect mobile app from your phone.
6. How do I download the Eastern HomeConnect app? I can’t find it in the App Store®/Google Play™ store.
As part of the upgrade to the new Eastern Mobile and Online Banking experience, Eastern HomeConnect® is no longer available in the App Store® or Google Play™ store. If you’ve recently purchased a new mobile device, you can follow these instructions for iOS and Android™ devices to download and use the app on your device until you’re upgraded to the new Eastern Mobile and Online Banking.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Quicken is a registered trademark of Intuit Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries