Investing in Our Communities
A hallmark of our philanthropy are the thousands of community donations we make each year supporting local needs and events important to our neighbors across Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. Our commitment as a good corporate citizen starts with listening to community members.
We invite applicants to submit requests at any time and decisions are made on a rolling basis. You can expect a decision from us within 60 days of a submitted application. Note: Private Foundations, organizations with IRS sub-designation as a 509(a)(3), and international organizations are not eligible for donations or grants from the Eastern Bank Foundation.
In 2021, we are committed to investing over $12 million throughout the communities where we live and work.
Impact Grants have a two-step process for consideration:
STEP 1: A Letter of Inquiry can be submitted online at any time and, if determined to be in line with our funding priorities, your organization may be invited to complete an application.
STEP 2: Complete an Application. Requests for Impact Grants may require further discussion and generally take up to 90 days for a decision, depending on the scope of the proposal.
How to Apply
- All proposals must be submitted online through our portal.
- We will not accept paper or email requests.
- If you are a first-time applicant on our online system, you will need to register yourself as a new user.
- Your email address is your unique identifier and can be associated with only one organization.
- If you are affiliated with more than one organization, please obtain additional email addresses and register for each organization separately.