Eastern Bank takes every precaution to make sure your account and personal information remain safe. Below are some simple steps you can take to minimize your chances of becoming a victim of fraud and identity theft.
You can help protect yourself and your account information by following these simple steps:
- Delete suspicious emails from unknown sources without opening them.
- Do not click on links in an unsolicited email or pop-up advertisement asking for personal information.
- Do not open and install attachments and free software from unknown sources.
- If you receive an email that warns you, with little or no notice, that an account will be shut down unless you reconfirm your personal information, do not reply or click on the link in the email. Call the company cited in the email using a telephone number you know to be genuine to confirm if the request is authentic.
- Do not send confidential information such as account numbers and passwords over the Internet in an email.
- Before submitting confidential information through a website, make sure the connection is secure. Normally, the URL address will begin with https://. You should also see a locked padlock icon at the bottom of your browser window.
- Always log off banking websites where you have entered a user ID and password when you are done with your online banking session.
- Install anti-virus protection software on your computer and remember to update it frequently.
- Keep your online banking password secure. Do not share your password or use obvious or easily obtainable information such as your name or date of birth. Select a password that uses both letters, numbers and symbols to make it harder to guess.
Emails from Eastern Bank
We will never ask you to send confidential information to us via email, such as your logon ID, password, account numbers, or Social Security number. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond to it. Please notify us immediately at 1-800-EASTERN (327-8376). However, in order to establish or maintain financial services offered by Eastern Bank, we may request confidential information through secure contact forms or protected online applications. We will safeguard any information you share with us using security measures that comply with federal law to ensure protections against unauthorized access.